Bhuj Tourist Places
Bhuj is a gujarat bigest city. Bhuj lies at the heart of Kutch peninsula. In the past Bhuj was the feudal state of Jadeja Kings and the capital of Kutch Island. Now it is the Head quarter of Kutch district. Previously, it was the capital of Khengarjir (1st) in 1548. In 1723 Rao 1st Deshalji walled up the city of Bhuj. Around 1948, the 35x4 ft wall was demolished following expansion of the city. And most of the ancient glories of the city had been washed away due to the 1819 British invasion and earthquake which led to raise 6 meter high 80 Kms long sea waves that marooned the city. Only a few houses were left. People of Bhuj rebuilt their homes and hearts fighting against a harsh nature. But natural calamity vandalized the area time again and again as the place is situated in an active seismic zone.
Mandvi is a fortified town located 60 km southwest of Bhuj. It is famous for its beaches and camel and horse rides on the shores. Close to the beach is the Vijay Vilas Palace, an impressive building built in 1940 as a royal summer retreat. From the rooftop one can have a beautiful view of the sea.
Narayan Sarovar means the Lake of Narayan, a name for Vishnu. There are actually five sacred lakes here. A temple complex is located on one of these. Narayan Sarovar is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites for orthodox Hindus. The architecture is ancient and awe-inspiring. Narayan Sarovar in Kutch is the most ancient and pious place for Hindus. It is one of the five holy ponds in India. In this place there are temples of Shri Trikamraiji, Laxminarayan, Govardhannathji, Dwarkanath, Adinarayan, Ranchodraiji and Laxmiji. Maharaj Shri Deshalji's Queen had built these temples. Devotee from all over India come to worship the lords here.
Bhadreshwar Jain Temple
There are a number of temples built by Jain followers in Kutch. The Bhadreshwar temple, one of the most ancient temples situated in Bhadrawati, considered a very holy place is one such. Bhadrawati was ruled by King Sidhsen in 449 B.C (according to the Hindu calendar) who renovated the place. Later it was ruled by The Solankies who were Jains, and they changed the name to Bhadreshwar. Then in 1315, a great famine struck Kutch, after which the place was renovated by Jagadusha.
Kandla Port, a national port, is one of the eleven most important ports of India. This port is situated on Kandla stream. The first investigation of this stream was undertaken by the British Royal India Navy in 1851 and a detailed survey done in 1922. This port is developed by Joint project of Maharao Shree Khengarji-III and British Government in the 19th century. Standard dry cargo treatment capacity of Kandla Port is 24,000 metric tons per day.
Mundra Port is situated almost 10 Kms far from Mundra city. There are two ports: (1) Old Port (2) Adani Port. These ports are used the whole year. Today, these ports have much traffic of many large ships and steamers of world. These ports have a very bright future. Many people come from other states to work here. Mundra is also known for dry date 'Kharek'. Kharek is exported to the other states.
The major spots of tourist visit is the shrine of Jesai Toral and the bungalow of James Mcmurdo and the other spots of visit is Ajaypal temple and the holy shrine of Pinjora Pir are the locations of spirituality and serenity. The famous Jesai-Toral fair is organized here for a celebration of colorful culture in the district. Anjar is famously known for its block printing works, nutcrackers, scissors and penknives manufacturing
This spot is in the borders of Rann of Kutch which is a famous for its wild ass sanctuary. It is a hill station named Nilva. Nature and nature everywhere would mesmerize everyone in a visit.
This spot is a village with sweet charm and memories of the past, the Chitrod fort, the Bhachau fort and the Fatehgarh fort and some other historical monuments of this town would speak beauty about the past and present of this location.
This place evoked into regular inhabitance during the separation and displacement of the people India. The name of this place reveals the great Mahatma’s ashes which are immersed at Kandla Creek. Kandla is the only free trade region of the country and is situated 12 km to the southeast of Gandhidham. The other important tourist interests are Khavada, Bhardeshwar, and Purneshwar.
This town is known to be the ancient place of Gujarat, the famous 10th century holy shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva is situated here, Kera was once the capital of the famous ruler Lakho Fulani, this ancient ruler have left back a marvelous monument during his reign, namely kapilkot fort, this is one of the tourist attraction here. Apart from this the major annual event of Urs celebrations at the shrine of Gulam Ali Shah, pulls in thousands and thousands of devotees from various spots of the country.
Today, this spot is noted to be a remote area with less inhabitants sojourn right here, perhaps! The erstwhile living was massive during the year 1851 and known to be as the important trade zone. It is said that by Rao Lakha who founded this place , therefore they name Lakhpat and also there are other reasons to define the name, such as, during the greenish days of living ,the people of Lakhpat made 1,00,000 kori a day ( an old currency of Kutch state) this spot is exactly situated at the junction of Kori Creek and Rann of Kutch on the Pakistan borders, this fortified town is noted for its high walls and gates and bastions of hard stone, of course almost everything around here is perished and looks deserted.